Lee Brothers Warehouse

This incongruously columned building on 134th Street at Riverside Drive is just to the south of the Columbia development area, but is notable as an eye-catcher just above the Henry Hudson Parkway. It was originally built as a furniture warehouse by the Lee Brothers in 1929 on a design by George S. Kingsley, who designed several other "historically-inspired" warehouses in Manhattan and around the Midwest. Its thick concrete and steel walls contain over 1,000 storage rooms on 14 floors, with around half of the floors below street level and a loading dock on 134th street. (reference)

Lee Brothers
10/16/2007 04:21 PM
Lee Brothers
10/16/2007 04:21 PM
Lee Brothers
10/16/2007 04:21 PM
Lee Brothers
10/16/2007 04:22 PM
Lee Brothers
10/16/2007 04:22 PM
Lee Brothers
1/30/2008 03:37 PM