Miami Theatre

1187 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

This block used to be the the home of a 499-seat film theatre that was built by Ben Brodie and opened in 1934. The theatre was renamed the Avenue Playhouse in 1946 and showed art films. It became a testing center for TV commercials and was renamed the Avon Theatre in 1951. In 1953 it turned to porn before closing in 1957 and being demolished with the entire block for an expansion of Rockefeller Center. (reference)

Miami Theatre
10/3/2006 03:36 PM
Miami Theatre
10/3/2006 03:38 PM