Loews State

1540 Broadway

The 3,327-seat Leows State Theatre was designed by Thomas Lamb and opened in 1921 as a vaudeville and film house. It underwent a significant renovation in 1958 (that halved seating capacity) and subdivided into a twin theatre in 1968. The theatre was finally was sold in 1987 and demolished to make way for the existing Skidmore, Owings & Merrill-designed Bertelsmann Building that opened in the late 1990s. The Virgin Megastore in the building's base included a 4-screen theatre that unprofitably bore the "Loews State" name and quickly closed. (reference)

Loews State
3/13/2004 11:11 PM
Loews State
9/28/2006 11:27 AM
Loews State
8/15/2009 08:58 AM
Loews State
8/29/2009 08:59 AM
Loews State
9/12/2009 08:57 AM
Loews State
9/12/2009 08:57 AM
Loews State
5/29/2010 08:54 AM