(click on thumbnails to enlarge)
City Cinemas Cinema 1, 2, and 3
1001 Third Avenue
This modernist theatre designed by Architect Abraham W. Geller was the first commercially-viable twin-screen cinema in the US and originally operated as two separate theatres. A renovation in 1988 subdivided the larger upper space to create a third 165-seat theatre and combined the entrances and lobbies to function as a more conventional triplex. (reference)
All contents of this site © 1997-2012 by Michael Minn except where otherwise specifically noted. All rights reserved.