Pine Bank Arch (BIN 2246010)
Built in 1861 by J.B. and W.W. Cornell Ironworks
Cast iron arch pedestrian bridge
Southwest corner of the park near the Heckscher Playground
One of the parks' few remaining cast iron bridges. It was rescued from decline and lovingly restored in the 1980s. When the bridge was built, the Bridle Path passed under it on its way through Driprock Arch and Greengap Arch down to Grand Army Plaza at the southeast corner of the park. However, the Bridle Path was terminated here in the 1930's when Heckscher Playground was expanded over what was the southern portion of the bridle path. A reconstruction of this area in 2006 built a landscaped Cul-de-Sac under the bridge as the path's southern terminus, reducing the bridge to an essentially ornamental function.