Wyckoff Farmhouse

5816 Clarendon Road
Brooklyn, NY 11203

The Pieter Claesen Wyckoff House was built around 1652 and is the oldest extant building in New York City. Wyckoff came to America from the Netherlands in 1637 and acquired this land through connections to notorious Governor Peter Stuyvesant. The Wyckoff family maintained the farm through 1901. A remarkable survivor of development in this part of Brooklyn, it was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1968. It was donated the city the following year and opened as a Museum in 1982 following an exhaustive restoration. (www.WyckoffAssociation.org)

Wyckoff Farmhouse
7/16/2008 02:29 PM
Wyckoff Farmhouse
7/16/2008 02:29 PM
Wyckoff Farmhouse
7/16/2008 02:31 PM
Wyckoff Farmhouse
7/16/2008 02:32 PM
Wyckoff Farmhouse
7/16/2008 02:32 PM
Wyckoff Farmhouse
7/16/2008 02:32 PM