145th Street Bridge
The 145th Street Bridge links 145th Street in Manhattan with 149th Street in the Bronx. It is a rim-bearing swing bridge with 300-foot swing span supported by a drum girder on the pivot pier and toggle end lifts on approach piers built on deck trusses. The bridge was designed by by Alfred P. Boller as a less-ornamented (and uninspired) copy of his design for the McCombs Dam Bridge. The bridge opened on May 1, 1895.